Monday, July 20, 2009

HaPpY 4th of JuLy

I know that the 4th of July was almost two and a half weeks ago, but what can I say? I am a slacker. This year we spent the 4th with my family. Curtis, Zachary and I started the morning off by going to Denny's for breakfast. It was YuMmY!!!

That afternoon my family came over to go swimming in the pool at our apartment. We have not taken Zachary swimming since last summer when he was about five months old so we didn't really know what to expect. He LoVeD the water!!! We have a turtle tube that we bought for him last summer, and we tried to put him in it again this time, but he was having none of that. He wanted to be out of the tube............jumping into the pool. It was so cute. We would put him up on the edge, and he would jump to us without any hestitation. It was so fun!!!



This is Zachary trying to get out of the pool by himself.

That night we went to my brother's house for dinner and fireworks. Zachary loved the fireworks too!!! It is definitely a lot more fun to do these kind of things when your kids are older. I loved seeing his face when he watched the fireworks. This is him doing sparklers. The only problem was, he wanted to do it himself, and he kept trying to touch the fire.




These last two pictures are of the fireworks that we did. We had some pretty SwEeT fireworks!!!
I am so grateful that I am able to live in this country! We are so blessed to live here and have the freedoms we have. I hope we never take for granted the blessing we have of living in our country.




1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures!! Valerie loved swimming a lot more this summer too...next summer they will love it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete