Thursday, April 9, 2009

Conference

I LoVe General Conference! We are so blessed that twice a year we are able to be taught by these wonderful men and women who are closest to the Lord. I love all our General Authorities and leaders, but I will admit I do have favorites.

I thoroughly enjoy Henry B. Eyring. It makes me sad to admit that I didn't used to like him. There was a time that whenever he spoke at General Conference, I would leave the room until he was done because there was something about him that I just didn't like, and I can't even tell you what that was, I just couldn't listen to him. I struggled with this for a LONG time. I prayed that I would be able to listen to him with an open heart and I prayed that I would truly be able to understand this man. I wanted to learn from him. I wanted to grow from him, but I needed help. I have grown to love him. It has taken time, probably more than it should have, but I truly love him. He is so wonderful, and I cannot wait to hear from him again.

I also love our dear President Monson. I had the opportunity to meet him about seven years ago, and I will never forget that day. It was a hard time in my life. I had friends who were falling away from the Church, and I myself was questioning everything my parents had taught me. I prayed to my Heavenly Father to help me know that the Church was really true, and not because my mom told me it was. When I shook President Monson's hand, I felt something that I have never felt before. A peaceful feeling came over me, and at that moment I knew that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. Meeting President Monson saved my life, and I am forever grateful to Heavenly Father for sending him to me.

I know without a doubt that this Church is true, and I cannot wait until I get to meet my Savior again.

No comments:

Post a Comment