Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If something's missing....check the garbage can

I make it a point every morning to make sure Zachary has his sippy cup before we head to my mom's for the day. Zachary had it last night, and the last time I saw it, it was mixed up with all of his toys scattered on the floor. Well, this morning I am of course packing his diaper bag, and lo and behold, I cannot find the sippy cup. Curtis and I are looking in the kitchen, the family room and Zachary's room for it, but we cannot find it!

After a few minutes of searching I say to Zachary, "Zachary, where's your water?" He takes a few steps, stops, looks around the apartment, and then he goes over to the garbage can and opens the lid and looks inside. I walk over and look inside and......there is his sippy cup!!! Curtis and I both just laughed. It was pretty funny. I was actually quite surprised that he remembered he had thrown it in there.

Our little adventure this morning makes me wonder how many other things he has thrown in the garbage can that we didn't know about and are now long gone to the garbage field.

There is definitely never a dull moment with our Zachary around!!

1 comment: